How often should I be feeding my sulcata

CoolTortoiseMan

Location (City and/or State)
Menifee
My sulcata is around 4 and a half years old, and I am worried I am feeding him too much. He is currently 13-14in length, and weighs about 14-15lb.

Warren

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Balto. MD
My sulcata is around 4 and a half years old, and I am worried I am feeding him too much. He is currently 13-14in length, and weighs about 14-15lb.
You feed your Sulcata as much as it wants to eat, you can't over feed them with the right food. They will eat as much as they want, don't worry about over feeding. They say Sulcata are grazers when they eat, my Sammy like to eat alot a one-time. Takes a nap and come out of his hide and pigs out somemore, I alway have food out all day for him to eat.

Len B

10 Year Member!
Southern Md - Northern Neck Va
I agree with @Warren that you can't over feed a sulcata. Would like to add that they prefer fresh food over what's been setting out in the sun or under a source of heat in an indoor setup for an extended time. Also they all can grow at a different rate.

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
You can't feed your tortoise too much. You can feed the wrong foods though. Sprig mix and grocery store lettuce is not the right food. See the answer on your other thread.