How old is your tortoise?

Meganolvt

Location (City and/or State)
Michigan
Since I got my oldest from a pretty sketchy place (that was keeping her in the worst of conditions) I never actually got around to asking how old she is (too busy paying way to much to get her out of there), but from her size I'd guess around 8 or 9 years.
How long is her shell?I know they're different, but I'm still trying get an idea of how old my male yellow foot is.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Clovis, CA
How long is her shell?I know they're different, but I'm still trying get an idea of how old my male yellow foot is.

You can't tell a tortoise's age by his shell size. For example, I have three YF tortoises that I raised from the egg (incorrectly) and they are stunted and bumpy and all three a different size. They are 11 years old (they are the three smallest in the picture).

Yellowfoot tortoises 9-30-15 a.jpg

AnimalLady

You can't tell a tortoise's age by his shell size. For example, I have three YF tortoises that I raised from the egg (incorrectly) and they are stunted and bumpy and all three a different size. They are 11 years old (they are the three smallest in the picture).

View attachment 156662
Hey Yvonne,

Ive noticed you mentioned that you've raised these torts incorrectly (as you put it) in a few other posts as well. Why do you say incorrectly, were these torts raised outdoors from the get? Or were they inside with lighting and such?