Howard not eating!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nicaver

5 Year Member
Hello everyone Howard is a 3 month old male. He has been grazing a little when outside and I have tried many different things I can not seem to find what he likes. I've tried romaine, kale ,hibiscus leaves, rose leaves and flowers, organic mixes. What else can I try? How much should he be eating? He is soaked daily, has about an hour of sunlight daily where is walks around fine and during his soaks has been pooping regularly. I'm a worried mom!

poison

5 Year Member
what is his set up? what are his temps/humidity?

Nicaver

5 Year Member
He is in a 60 gal his temp is usually 80 to 90 and his cool zone is at 70 to 75!

tortadise

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Tropical South Texas
Mustard,turnip,collard, and plain greens. Puree some cactus pads in a blender. Does your wee one have a source of UVB light in the enclosure? Few hours a day outside is good, but also when inside they still need the UVB to funtionaly grow and be active and stimulate a good appetite. What is the enclosure like? Substrate, Hides, Lighting, temps on hot side, cold side, temps at night, temps at day. Alot can affect the little guys appetite. The hatcling stage is also the most important to sustain the future of a healthy tort. Let us know so we can help with this issue.

Kelly

Status
Not open for further replies.