How's my tort looking? (Lots if pictures)

Status
Not open for further replies.

WinterDB

5 Year Member
This morning my mom came to look at my tortoise..
She thinks that his shell is funny shaped, and that I should ask if this is normal.
I think he looks fine, he may not have a perfect "bubble" shell, but I think he looks great. Just to ease both of our minds, how do you think he looks?

image-2972984049.png

image-1320896520.png

image-3602534062.png

image-389439844.png

image-98741134.png

image-1699367152.png

image-3156962823.png

image-3337246996.png

image-2896766255.png

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Chicago, Illinois, USA
I don't see anything wrong. Except it looks like a little pyramiding might be starting. What is your humidity at? They need 80% or higher humidity with temps no lower then 80. I believe I have mentioned the threads below already to you. In case I haven't, read them. The ones below in my post. Tweak your setup to as close as you can to the threads and you will grow a smooth sulcata. Other then the slight pyramiding, he looks fine to me.

WinterDB

5 Year Member
wellington said:
I don't see anything wrong. Except it looks like a little pyramiding might be starting. What is your humidity at? They need 80% or higher humidity with temps no lower then 80. I believe I have mentioned the threads below already to you. In case I haven't, read them. The ones below in my post. Tweak your setup to as close as you can to the threads and you will grow a smooth sulcata. Other then the slight pyramiding, he looks fine to me.

I have his humidity at 85%. Yes he does have slight pyramiding, he had it when I received him. But he just needed a little tlc, he's been growing like a weed so far, you can see between the sheilds that its beginning to grow flat, I'm so proud^_^
I hope he continues to get better, I can't wait till he's huge!

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Then yes, he looks fantastic and I don't see what your mother is seeing. Keep up the great job.:)

WinterDB

5 Year Member
wellington said:
Then yes, he looks fantastic and I don't see what your mother is seeing. Keep up the great job.:)

Thank you:) I'm workin on it!! College + baby tortoise = kinda difficult, but worth it!

Status
Not open for further replies.