Huge Leap!

dclockwood

I've been working the whole time I've had my Russian to build trust with him because he was abused and neglected before I got him (he was bought for a 3 year old who I used to watch torture the poor guy not knowing it was a live pet. He also wasn't kept right and took a lot of fixing when we got him. But anyways he's never let me touch his head. Most of the time he doesn't want to be touched at all. A year and a half ago when he moved here after my dad passed I started working really hard on him trusting me. Well he finally lets me pet the top of his head consistently and enjoys it (well he sticks it out further when I am so I'm assuming). I've been hand feeding him whenever possible, spending lots of time handling him gently and such and it's finally starting to pay off. Well have another set back with his next beak trim but hopefully not too much. :D:D

Attachments

• 1440734261042.jpg
    1440734261042.jpg
    128.4 KB · Views: 15

Jodie

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Spokane Valley WA
Congrats! Even a tortoise can be worn done with enough patience and love.

dclockwood

He's kind of an onry dude so it takes longer than normal since he's a grump. He had it made with my dad being that he had a whole yard to run in since he lived in southern California and the weather is perfect. But he can't be outside right now or he'll heat stroke being that were in TX so I get more time to work with him on socialization.

leigti

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
southeast Washington
If you put his food on a piece of slate or a flat rock he will wear down his own week. Then you don't have to bother him with trying to trim it.