Humidification Cave

cmacusa3

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Bixby
I've seen this on Amazon for like 14.00. Looks great for hatchlings plus you can put water in the top section. The opening might be a little wide depending on the tort size but that would be easy to fix. I think it's definitely worth trying for that price but the reviews are pretty bad on it.

Valerie0426

I was just curious. I found the $14. It has a gauge. What is the humidity level for Russians? I haven't found that yet. I thought it might be good for him.
Like the liner idea. Thanks RZm7810

cmacusa3

5 Year Member
Bixby
I think it depends on the size of the Russian. I believe @Tom can help you but looking at the care sheets in the Russian section I think between 50-70% humidity is good for the babies. You might check out those care sheets for more info.

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
60% is fine in the enclosure, but I like to offer a humid hide that is near 100% inside.

The door opening looks much too wide on the one in your pic. I wouldn't use that. I like to use black dishwashing tubs from Walmart. $1.82. Flip them upside down and cut out a door hole just big enough for the tortoise. Wet the substrate under it.

Valerie0426

Thank you Pearly!
@Tom,
I have read all posts. My WalMart had
8 qt-$.97, 12 qt-$1.97, 18 qt-$2.24.
I already have a light beige one that I found at $store that I use for soaking.
What could I cover one in that could work if I had to? I am sure I will find one. I am assuming the 12qt is the suggested size.
Thank you for all your help

R

Rzm7810

If talking about tub you could just set some live plants in top to help with humidity. If talking about the coco liner just get it wet inside and out. It won't drop or anything. Will hold moisture well !!! Must it down !!!