Humidity

Guillaume86

Location (City and/or State)
France
Hi ! I know that humidity for sulcata babies should be around 80.
In my enclosure the humidity level is always around 95.there is humidity on the walls all the day. Is this a problem for my tortoises?
The temperature is around 27 degres night and day.

20181010_185442.jpg 20181010_185536.jpg 20181010_185543.jpg

Minority2

Tortoise Hell
No. Humidity levels can safety exceed past 80-100% as long as temperature levels thorough the enclosure remain over 80F.

drew54

Indiana
I've accidentally created a tropical swampland in my torts enclosure. The humidity gets so high sometimes that it sometimes falls like rain. Is slowly drying up, but everything these guys have said sullies aren't prone to shell rot or fungus, so that is very comforting.

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
At 27 C or higher, you shouldn't have a problem, but they do need a warmer basking area, and it would be good if ambient climbed up to about 32-33 each day. A warmer ambient suits them well and makes them bask less frequently and for shorter durations.

Guillaume86

France
Thanks guys ! the ambient temperature is around 27 degrees but under the basking spot the temperature is 33 degrees (solar raptor 35 w).

I have a 150 w CHE, which maintain the ambient temperature. Just under it the temperature is around 37 degrees. humidity is very high in the sides of the enclosure and less and less toward the center.

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
Thanks guys ! the ambient temperature is around 27 degrees but under the basking spot the temperature is 33 degrees (solar raptor 35 w).

I have a 150 w CHE, which maintain the ambient temperature. Just under it the temperature is around 37 degrees. humidity is very high in the sides of the enclosure and less and less toward the center.
All of that sounds like it should work to me.

With all of that humidity, warmth, UV, exercise in a large enclosure, and good food, you are about to produce the best looking sulcata tortoises in France. Please share the results with us as time passes.