Hurricane Beryl coming for me...!

TammyJ

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Jamaica
Hi guys. Thanks for all your prayers and support! We came through ok! It's still blowing and pouring though. We lost electricity for some hours but it's back. The house is not wood, but concrete with wood and zinc roof, that sure does leak a lot even though the guys here were up last night doing fixing. I don't know yet what the conditions on my roads up here are like now but there's lots of landslides and damage from flooding all over the island. I live in the hills of St. Andrew Parish. Kingston is the capital city of St. Andrew. Will be closely watching Beryl now as I have family in Cayman...and then to see where she ends up eventually!

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Hi guys. Thanks for all your prayers and support! We came through ok! It's still blowing and pouring though. We lost electricity for some hours but it's back. The house is not wood, but concrete with wood and zinc roof, that sure does leak a lot even though the guys here were up last night doing fixing. I don't know yet what the conditions on my roads up here are like now but there's lots of landslides and damage from flooding all over the island. I live in the hills of St. Andrew Parish. Kingston is the capital city of St. Andrew. Will be closely watching Beryl now as I have family in Cayman...and then to see where she ends up eventually!
Wow, so glad to see you able to post, both of you.
Glad you're alright
Hope your family comes thru okay like you did.

TammyJ

5 Year Member
Jamaica
Wow, so glad to see you able to post, both of you.
Glad you're alright
Hope your family comes thru okay like you did.
Cayman is terribly vulnerable to hurricanes because it is so tiny and flat! The worst thing for them is storm surges. My daughter almost died along with others in the absolutely horrible Hurricane Ivan years ago in Cayman.

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Cayman is terribly vulnerable to hurricanes because it is so tiny and flat! The worst thing for them is storm surges. My daughter almost died along with others in the absolutely horrible Hurricane Ivan years ago in Cayman.
Will be keeping them in good thoughts and close to heart they will be okay.

Chefdenoel10

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
New Jersey
This is the most attention I've paid to Jamaica in my life. I'm sure there are others just as scared for our dear friend Tammy. I as well have been thinking of you all day, trying to imagine what your going through. And this is hell to not be able to hear from you that you are ok.
Shut up you idiot. These are your dear friends here being caring and you are joking??? For shame.

Taaaammmmyyyyyyy!!!!!!
🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣
😍😍😍😍😍😍😍😍🥳

You ok?….ya big jerk! 🤭

EppsDynasty

Platinum Tortoise Club
Canebrake Ca
If ya weren't making sarcastic remarks I would be suspect if it was really you. @TammyJ you scared the SH!T out of us, Thanks. It is always good to be reminded of how much you truly care for someone, and then have the joy of knowing they are. If I ever make it to Jamaica it will be to fix your roof, as this is what I was for years (Specialty Roof Coating). @JoJosMom and I can not tell you how happy we are that you are ok.

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
Yeah 👍!!! I'm so glad our TammyJ's are doing ok.😊 I'll still be praying for your family, the people still n the storms way, and for the aftermath left behind. Once you survive the hurricane the cleanup is A LOT of work. It's a good thing there's 2 of you 🙃😉

JoJosMom

Platinum Tortoise Club
Canebrake, CA
@TammyJ WOW what a blessing to hear you are ok! We have been pacing the floors, checking the news, trying to find out any information that would give us confirmation that you are ok. Finally, we can exhale :) Our prayers were answered. As always it is great to read your posts and may you continue to stay safe. Cheers!

TammyJ

5 Year Member
Jamaica
Answered prayers for sure! I couldn't stop fretting over you until you posted.

I'm an old woman now...please don't scare me any more! (That's for all the members, not just the Tammies)
I am really happy to see that apparently, there are people who actually like me. 😆! But I just have to now make one thing clear to you dear friends: There is only ONE of us. Thanks everyone ❤️.