Hyper Box turtle

Dean Wirth

Location (City and/or State)
Alberta
Building a turtle table is easy, use old book shelf or coffee table. It doesn't have to hold water and you can cut out windows, but put a locking lid on it because they crawl out!
i have a 6 x 1.5 foot breeder aquarium now, made levels with paving stones so the 3 can go up on their roofs to bask.
i cover three sides with wallpaper because they like their privacy.
remember they like to soak and often defecate in their pools (which is handy) so if its soiled empty it.
Turtles seem to try to walk through glass a lot, i find them intelligent otherwise, and their vision is better than ours, but for some reason they scratch at the glass constantly. Your tank is too small too, they are slow but they like to boogie!

Yeah I'll make a indoor cage once he goes out for the summer so his indoor cage will be ready for winter
Building a turtle table is easy, use old book shelf or coffee table. It doesn't have to hold water and you can cut out windows, but put a locking lid on it because they crawl out!
i have a 6 x 1.5 foot breeder aquarium now, made levels with paving stones so the 3 can go up on their roofs to bask.
i cover three sides with wallpaper because they like their privacy.
remember they like to soak and often defecate in their pools (which is handy) so if its soiled empty it.
Turtles seem to try to walk through glass a lot, i find them intelligent otherwise, and their vision is better than ours, but for some reason they scratch at the glass constantly. Your tank is too small too, they are slow but they like to boogie!

johnsonnboswell

5 Year Member
Check out where the light falls through the season. You'd want as much sun as possible in the spring and fall, with dappled shade in the summer. My BT habitat gets full sun all day. Its season is weeks longer than the rt habitat that gets more shade. Such is life in the northlands. In Texas, it's very different.

You can provide shade with your plantings, and the wall itself provides shade.