I dont know

drowningindemons

Location (City and/or State)
Lake worth florida, in Home land
I have a redfooted tortiouse whose age and gender is unknown. He goes outside sometimes in florida and is healthy. But i dont know if i should keep him. I love tortiouses and i take him outside his cage a lot but he doesnt do anything. He just stares at the wall. I dont know what to do :( I make him treats and he has the proper lighting but i dont know if i should give him to a rescue. Should i get a different tortiouse? Im afriad if i do i will result in the same problem

Killerrookie

I have a redfooted tortiouse whose age and gender is unknown. He goes outside sometimes in florida and is healthy. But i dont know if i should keep him. I love tortiouses and i take him outside his cage a lot but he doesnt do anything. He just stares at the wall. I dont know what to do :( I make him treats and he has the proper lighting but i dont know if i should give him to a rescue. Should i get a different tortiouse? Im afriad if i do i will result in the same problem
Red Foots sometimes don't like being out in the sun and prefer staying in the shade. Can we see a picture? What kind of bulbs you use? What do you feed him/her? Can we see a picture of his enclosure? What are his/hers temps and humidity at?

Tidgy's Dad

5 Year Member
Fes, Morocco
You are quite right.
If you can't identify the problem, the same may well occur if you get another tortoise.
Best to make life as good as possible for this little one and see if there's any improvement.
What sort of 'cage' ?
Do you put him on the floor in your house and that's where he just stares at the wall.
he really should have a proper outdoor enclosure if possible, as well as an indoor one.

dmmj

The member formerly known as captain awesome
10 Year Member!
CA
Reds are not sun worshipers like other species. May we see pics of the outdoor enclosure?

johnsonnboswell

5 Year Member
Don't get another different tortoise. Figure out how to take care of this one and how to enjoy him if you can.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Read about how to care for your RF tortoise then make adjustments to your husbandry. A good place to start is the Tortoise Library