I dont think Tilley (young Sulcata) likes me...

Status
Not open for further replies.

IowaGuy28

5 Year Member
I don't know if turtles/tortoises ever get to "know" their owner but even after a year my Tilley doesn't seem to care for me. If I place my hand directly on its shell, it'll do a little "dance" back and forth as if attempting to throw my off. He also sleeps an awful lot. I'll get home from work at 6:15am, I'll wake him and by placing him directly under the heat lamp (sometimes followed by a soak). He'll then take 15 minutes warming up, and have eating spurts. Spurts as in gorge one day and loose appetite the next day. Anyone seeing troublesome signs I need be made aware of?

ascott

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Apple Valley, California
LOL....I believe the dance is a feel good thing...since they can feel through their shell, it likely feels good to rub against your hand...so I would not be worried about that as a bad thing :D

What temps are you running in your enclosure? Perhaps they are a bit off and this will in turn have a tort not consistent....

Yellow Turtle

5 Year Member
Indonesia
Try dancing back with a santa hat at him, maybe he will like you more :D

But he seems not consistent, you might want to check on his enclosure, lighting, temperature, water...

Last thing, sorry this not on topic, but is your enclosure big enough for him to roam? I check your other thread and Tilley (very young sulcata) seems to have some kind of pyramiding going.

IowaGuy28

5 Year Member
Popped in fresh collard & turnip greens along with bell pepper and alpha, he seemed to gorge on that. We'll see...

Yellow Turtle

5 Year Member
Indonesia
IowaGuy28 said:
Popped in fresh collard & turnip greens along with bell pepper and alpha, he seemed to gorge on that. We'll see...

Good luck :)

Hope you not too obsessed with his growth. Maybe he just needs sometime to stop eating :D

Status
Not open for further replies.