I have only seen my tort poo 1 time since I have had her

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vickie

5 Year Member
This might be absolutely nothing since she is very active as well as not slowing down one bit on food if anything eating more at a time. However, even with daily baths I have not seen her poo in over a week. I have had her urinate in her bath but never poo. Is it possible that its so small it mixes in with the substrate? I just cannot picture how she isn't going poo with her daily intake of food and acting like a healthy active tort. Any ideas?

Vickie

5 Year Member
I wasn't really stressing it yet since its so active and a eating machine however, it did really make me wonder. TY!

EchoTheLeoTort

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
United States
They are known to eat it, as well as doing it in the soaks. However torts do take longer to digest food once eaten so maybe it'll take awhile for the food to get through. Either way if it keeps up maybe take it to the vet for a fecal exam for parasites. Just keep an eye on it

Vickie

5 Year Member
Well I haven't been on for awhile having some health issues right now. However, our Sprout is doing VERY well. After now a few weeks last night I saw its first poo since she arrived. However, she eats like a horse so I am sure Sprout must be going just not seeing it. She is extremely active, loves her neck, head and chin rubs, and munching through her home and then digging into her meals. The thing I find amusing to watch is she loves our little slate path we made for her. I figured putting it in made it look like a fairy garden however, never really put much thought into her actually using it like a side walk. I took it out the other day to clean out her home and she acted lost without her sidewalk. LOL ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.