I just got a beardie!!!

spoilers

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Southwest Ohio
Everyone say hi to smaug!
He's a beautiful 8-10 month old beardie!
I was super excited to get him, surprisingly his previous owner did some research (even though he decided to buy a petstore reptile) and actually got good lighting and a large 75 gallon tank for him with custom builds inside! He's doing pretty well for a beardie that came from petco and then sold on craigslist but he's definitely going to get a vet checkup soon just in case! 20181020_174720.jpeg20181020_180324.jpeg20181020_155508.jpeg

spoilers

5 Year Member
Southwest Ohio
NICE! Love the name too!

Time to start your roach colony...
Ugh... idk how i feel about roaches... I'm sure you hear that a LOT lol. Right now I've got him eating crickets, fresh greens and occasional yellow squash and superworms.

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
Ugh... idk how i feel about roaches... I'm sure you hear that a LOT lol. Right now I've got him eating crickets, fresh greens and occasional yellow squash and superworms.
Yes. Yes I do...

Your beardie will be fine with what you are feeding, but roaches are so much better and easier. But I do understand that most people are a little reluctant to invite roaches into their home, even if they are a tropical, non-invasive, non-pest species. Personally, I am much more reluctant to bring crickets into my home. Blecchhh! I hate crickets! Noisy, stinky, invasive, and they die off for no reason. Yuck.

Enjoy the new baby. He looks good. Keep up posted with more pics please.

spoilers

5 Year Member
Southwest Ohio
Im not completely against roaches so i might get some as long as NONE get out EVER and i don't touch them lol. I'll definitely keep you posted and show more pics as he grows!

Pastel Tortie

Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
North Florida
Smaug is such a handsome lizard! We got our first ever bearded dragon back in August, now he's 5.5 months old. So yours isn't too much older. I'll be interested to hear about Smaug's progress... Maybe it will give me a better idea of what we're in for in a few months! :)

spoilers

5 Year Member
Southwest Ohio
Smaug is such a handsome lizard! We got our first ever bearded dragon back in August, now he's 5.5 months old. So yours isn't too much older. I'll be interested to hear about Smaug's progress... Maybe it will give me a better idea of what we're in for in a few months! :)
Well so far he loves to swim and is ok with pets but hates being handled. He has a small "pool" built into his tank with a tiny pump to keep water moving and he'll swim and drink water for like 5 mins then jump out really fast and run over to his basking spot and nap.20181021_210529.jpeg

TriciaStringer

5 Year Member
Louisiana
Well so far he loves to swim and is ok with pets but hates being handled. He has a small "pool" built into his tank with a tiny pump to keep water moving and he'll swim and drink water for like 5 mins then jump out really fast and run over to his basking spot and nap.View attachment 254908
I love the pool! We have one that we got in April named Mushu.