i think my RT is sleeping too much!

Status
Not open for further replies.

PrincessShelby

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
St. Louis MO
I think she is pretty young got her from pets mark a few days ago and was really just wondering if she is sleeping so much because she is getting used to her environment or if something may be wrong! During the day i have a UV light for her and basking hangs at about 92 or so and at night stays at about 75-80. Please any advise will help.

lvstorts

10 Year Member!
Hi, welcome to the forum...
To make an educated guess more information is needed. In my experience most torts that come from pet stores aren't in really good shape to start with. Usually dehydrated and miscared for for months before being sold.

What are you feeding? Substright? Enclosure? Lighting?

It's possible she's just stressed and getting used to her new surroundings. Do you give her baths? If not, start. Warm, not hot water up to her bottom shell for 30 minutes. This will help her tons if she's dehydrated.

An excellent reference is the "Redfoot Manual: A Beginners Guide to the Redfoot Tortoise by Mike Pingleton.

Irwin4530

5 Year Member
I would soke your tort every day to help them hydrate and settle in.....it may thake a few days to him/hjer to warm up to the new surroundings. be patient and keep him/her hydrated adn warm.

Also, WELCOME :)

Status
Not open for further replies.