I (((THINK))) shes getting better!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brittany6

5 Year Member
Whooooo000000oooooOooo!!!! Her eyes keep opening on and off and she has ate a very tiny bit of banana and calcium baby food mix and squash and calcium baby food mix!! She is also a lot more active!!!! She has even tried to climb up a rock and over a log!!!! (((KNOCK ON WOOD))) I think she's going to be okay!!! THANK YOU ALL SOOOOOO MUCH FOR ALL YOUR HELP AND SUPPORT!!! And the private messages as well!!!! You all really are awesome people!!! I love her so much and am psyched to get to know you all better!! Xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxox

Brittany

dmmj

The member formerly known as captain awesome
10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
CA
Eating is always a good sign.

lynnedit

10 Year Member!
Southwest Washington
Yippeee! That means she feels better too! Keep up your vigilance, you have done such a good job.

mary t

5 Year Member
Lakeland, florida
Great job.. She could ask for a better momma.. Keep watching her closely so she will continue to get stronger...

BrinnANDTorts

5 Year Member
That's absoultely amazing , amazing , amazing !!!!! Your r a super tortoise mom !! Go u !!! Your little tortoise is a trooper too
I'm glad she is getting better:):):):):)
Keep us posted

Brittany6

5 Year Member
You all are sooooo awesome!!!! I could hug you all!! Thanks for all the help!!! It's amazing how attached I am. I said I always wanted a tortoise but having my kids and family was always first. Then I get this shocking girl for Christmas and I fell sooo in love with her! I did all much research and already know what enclosures I will build for her she grows and found her the cutest shed for when she's big! Imagining the kids coming home from dates and seeing Genevieve in the yard and how cool that will be scaring off the boys with our "killer" Tortoise haha and perhaps having a sulcata farm someday! I just love her and am so thankful to all of you for all your insight so that I may do right by my little girl and give her everything she needs!! Thanks again!!

And FYI her eyes are opening even more often and she ate a little more today! Very little but it was something and she's a lot more active. I think she enjoys walking in the baby food mixes and I LOVE THE WAY SHE SMELLS
Her head bobs around. Do your do that when they smell? She reminds me of a puppy! Haha

BrinnANDTorts

5 Year Member
What do u think u did that helped her the most ? I'm just curious :) its awesome to know she is getting better I wonder what helped her the most ... U did so much to help her so its probably hard to answer

Brittany6

5 Year Member
Ooops hahaha here??? Let's hope this works! She fell asleep haha

image-1499237259.png

Hopefully this worked

Ahhhh
I'll just
Post a new three with her picture. It doesn't seem to be letting me add it on here :-( I don't know what really helped her the most. I think the meds the dr gave me may have helped... Ido think the baby food in the soak was brilliant and I added the calcium to it as well and I think she drank a little and I hope absorbed some! I think that probably helped the most. The vet said the meds were mostly
To prevent infection but that she didn't have one that she knew of. I honestly think she was the runt. She was the smallest and I think another baby bit her shell and pulled off a leg scale and she was sooo small she was sickly from the start. That's just my newbie opinion ;-) I think a lot of rest helped too but if she didn't drink that baby food mix water, I don't think she would be as she is. Her shells still
Soft, she has a ways to go but
She seems
Like she's on the up swing :)

Status
Not open for further replies.