I want a cheap sulcata (EDIT - NO LONGER WANTED)

Tortoise_Nerd

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Georgia
I am in search for a cheap healthy sulcata 50$ is what I want to give.thank you if you have a healthy sulcata 4-6 month old please email me @ [email protected]

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
What difference does $10 one way or the other make for an animal that will live for decades and require many thousands of dollars to house and care for over those years?

You should be looking for the healthiest well started baby sulcata you can find and don't worry about whether its $50 or $100. If you get a dry started one and it dies after a few weeks, then what good did it do to save a few bucks?

BrianWI

5 Year Member
Wisconsin
What difference does $10 one way or the other make for an animal that will live for decades and require many thousands of dollars to house and care for over those years?

You should be looking for the healthiest well started baby sulcata you can find and don't worry about whether its $50 or $100. If you get a dry started one and it dies after a few weeks, then what good did it do to save a few bucks?
Cuts into the profit margin.

BrianWI

5 Year Member
Wisconsin
If you can get them cheap, you make more money when you resell them. I see it all the time.

BrianWI

5 Year Member
Wisconsin
I don't think he is starting a real zoo. Maybe a personal collection. But I don't like the feel of it. As Tom said, the purchase price of these torts is almost inconsequential to the overall picture. Sets off red flags.

Think about it. I bought Nadine for $60. I spent $400 on her initial set up and items to take care of her.

Pearly

5 Year Member
Central Texas, Austin area
I don't think he is starting a real zoo. Maybe a personal collection. But I don't like the feel of it. As Tom said, the purchase price of these torts is almost inconsequential to the overall picture. Sets off red flags.
I know, Brian. I just wanted to make this sound ever so naive and innocent:)

Pearly

5 Year Member
Central Texas, Austin area
"Flipper".... How much money can you make on buying then selling live animals??? Just seem like profit margin would very small, unless that was on large scale like a wholesale type operation

cmacusa3

5 Year Member
Bixby
Well for instance, you can buy 10 Sulcata's on Kingsnale for 400.00 bucks. Sell each for 100.00 pretty good profit.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
I don't know...I was more under the impression that he is very young (personal details having been input incorrectly).

Wow...look at us, talking about Nathan as if he weren't in the room. Put our minds at ease, Nathan. Tell us a bit more about yourself.