I was not ready for the temp change

tyguy35

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
ontario
Hey, it's crazy how our weather went from winter to basically summer weather. My new enclosure was built to hold the heat in the winter I didn't really think about the summer heat. I just checked Tanks basking spot for today and it is a 118 that's not good I'll have to figure something out.

tyguy35

5 Year Member
ontario
Forgot to mention it's weird though tanks been even more active since the heat rise in his tank

Millerlite

10 Year Member!
Southern Calif.
That's too hot, it's in the 90s outside and that's even hot for tortoises. He's probably active looking for a cooler spot or water or a way to escape the 118 temp

Kyle

tyguy35

5 Year Member
ontario
Oh I know it's to hot way to hot. It's fixed now 100 on the dot 75 cool end. The cool end never changed.

lismar79

5 Year Member
Ohio USA
I just had the same thing happen! My tort got less active though. I bought a lower watt che & now we are back to good!

ascott

10 Year Member!
Apple Valley, California
So a basking spot of 118 is not a terrible thing....I know, sounds crazy right...but as long as you have good viable cool off spots throughout the enclosure the higher basking spot temp is not outlandish.... would be a good time to add a touch of water to the basking spot for during the day to offer up some humidity as well...:D

tyguy35

5 Year Member
ontario
My tanks being very weird so today the basking spot is only 85 and t the height of the 118 it only reads 94 now