Idea for A New, Private Keeper-Ran Zoological Conservation Association

pingu_slayer

Location (City and/or State)
Massachusetts
Hello all,

As I make my return to this amazing forum today, I was wondering if it would be a worthwhile investment to start an independent zoological conservation association in which many private keepers and breeders unite to preserve the various endangered species of our earth. In my proposal, there would be some private keepers doing the breeding they do best, while others establish zoological facilities that are NOT associated with the elitist tyrants who run most American zoos (mainly the AZA, but also the ZAA). I envision many studbooks to be made for various species, and my ultimate goal is for there to be a broad network of passionate conservationists breeding assurance colonies nationwide. Not just tortoises and turtles, but all kinds of animals in Creation. I also know everyone is tired of government and the big zoos dictating what we can and can't do. I, too, am tired of these tyrannical elitists, and this is also my method of countering these ruthless attacks on our freedoms as keepers.

However, this plan of mine is currently in the most alpha of alpha stages when it comes to development, and it is admittedly not perfect. I am highly interested in the feedback that the wonderful people of TFO has to offer, so I can not only improve this plan from a mere objective standpoint, but to also bring this dream closer to reality.

With Gratitude,
pingu_slayer

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Clovis, CA
A few folks have already started something similar - The Galapagos Tortoise Alliance.