Identification Help Please

Status
Not open for further replies.

tianasaur

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Los Angeles
Hello All!! I just got my Greek tort, Dave, about a week ago. I was wondering if you guys could help me out on identifying his subspecies and confirming that he is in fact a he.

Thanks for the help, you guys are awesome on here! I've learned so much from this site :D

Attachments

• IMG_2397.JPG
    IMG_2397.JPG
    1.8 MB · Views: 59
  • IMG_2400.JPG
    IMG_2400.JPG
    376.8 KB · Views: 49
  • IMG_2401.JPG
    IMG_2401.JPG
    2.2 MB · Views: 59
  • IMG_2398.JPG
    IMG_2398.JPG
    1.6 MB · Views: 45
  • IMG_2399.JPG
    IMG_2399.JPG
    2 MB · Views: 49

MasterOogway

5 Year Member
tianasaur said:
Hello All!! I just got my Greek tort, Dave, about a week ago. I was wondering if you guys could help me out on identifying his subspecies and confirming that he is in fact a he.

Thanks for the help, you guys are awesome on here! I've learned so much from this site :D

What a handsome tort can you take a picture of the tail from the back view of the shell or hindend.

tianasaur

5 Year Member
Los Angeles
Thank you!! Here's the best picture I have of the tail from the back: ImageUploadedByTortoiseForum1364163379.116219.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

MasterOogway

5 Year Member
I am going to go with male... Golden Greek (color)...sub species T.G. Floweri possibly T.G.Terrestris . It is hard to tell if that is a large spot on his tail from the picture.If it is it would indicate T.G. Floweri . http://startortoises.net/golden-greek-tortoise.html I hope someone confirms right or wrong as the care is important depending on sub-species. Beautiful tortoise you got from Petsmart! I would have it checked for parasites since there is a great chance of it having parasites possibly being wild caught. I would also check its weight using the Jackson Ratio to get an idea of its weight condition. He looks under weight to me but its always better to go by measurements verses the eye here is a calculator http://www.tortoise-protection-group.org.uk/site/171.asp Handsome boy you got there :)

tianasaur

5 Year Member
Los Angeles
Awesome!!! Thank you so much for the quick and detailed response! I'll get all that stuff checked out right away. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.