Ilene getting some PT

surfergirl

She was so lucky to find her way to you, I know it was a bad experience for you and I am sorry it happen but it was great for her - I doubt she would be doing so well without you. :) she is beautiful like everyone has commented. so happy she is eating too!

MPRC

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Oregon
I am so glad you gave her a new lease on life. Poor girl. Looks like she is livin' the life now.

Rue

Canada
Maybe 'we' would have...but not everyone would have done what you did. Odds are she would have died or have been euthanized.

Now she can have a good life! She has enough of her leg left that she's moving much better than I had thought she would have, looking at your original pictures. Once that stump heals fully, and the skin toughens up, I think you'll hardly notice.

Is she a 'nice' turtle? Personality wise? Or is it too early to tell (given the stress she's been under, her normal personality might not show yet).

ColleenT

Lehigh Valley Pa
LOL, She sees me and she hisses. I figured after all the poking and prodding she will probably always hate me. But she is ok, she will come out of her shell in the grass with me there, and lately she has had a good appetite so i bring her big earthworms and she enjoys that. her stump really does not touch the ground, it is high enough that the shell keeps it just off the ground, but she does 'use' it. idk if she will ever stop trying to move it, but i am anxious to put her outside with the other 2. Another 2weeks and a few days i am guessing.

ColleenT

Lehigh Valley Pa
I wish i could give an update but everything is the same. She is doing well, we are just waiting for our last vet vist on June 9, so we can then let her go outside. She is eating earthworms and fruit and scrambled egg. I think what she really would love is a good long soak in warm water.

Pearly

5 Year Member
Central Texas, Austin area
I wish i could give an update but everything is the same. She is doing well, we are just waiting for our last vet vist on June 9, so we can then let her go outside. She is eating earthworms and fruit and scrambled egg. I think what she really would love is a good long soak in warm water.
After all the trauma youhave both been through, no news is really agood news

Gillian M

5 Year Member
Jordan
I took Ilene outside to walk on the warm grass. She still cannot get her stump wet, but the grass was dry and warm from the sun. She had a good workout. She can go wherever she likes. Nothing is holding her back.

Adorable!