Ill, Tired or Dead..?

M

Maggie Cummings

I just bought a great filter from PetSmart for $26 and it's keeping a 250 gallon tank clean. I have a UVB light for the fish, there's no turtles in there, but I think your's are too cold and need warmer water and a 'good' UVB light. That gives the same light rays the sun would. UVB helps to absorb calcium. It's an important light.

Fiona Quinn

The temperature is being monitored, we just are waiting on a new aquarium, decoration and a filter, we will be getting the light hopefully this week along with everything else listed so soon they will have a perfect home, also, how much water should I give in a big enough tank?

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Clovis, CA
With baby turtles, you need to have the water deep enough that should he get turned over on his back, there's enough water for him to be able to turn back over. Certainly no less than 4"

AnimalLady

Hello! Welcome to TFO!
Cute little turtles you have there!

I'm so happy you are taking the advice of the members here!

Stay here, you're in good hands!
I hope to see pic of your turtles as they grow!

:)

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
The four inches of what sounds good. As they grow, you will need to make it deeper. Be sure to share a pic of the new set up when you get it all done with your little ones enjoying it.

Gillian M

5 Year Member
Jordan
A very warm welcome to the forum!:tort:

Don't panic: you'll hopefully get help you need here. ;) Hope to hear good news the next time you post something and good luck!:)

Fiona Quinn

Back in France! Nice setup, ordering a bigger tank this wednesday and rn they have the same box, near a radiator fir the rime being hopefully getting a light for them to dry and rest under, the UBV and heat light thingy idk, but hopefully I get one tomorrow so soon enough they'll be nice and welcomed. I'll be sure to post pictures!