I'm a newbie :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Indios_mommy

5 Year Member
Hello! My name is Crystal, I recently bought a sulcata tortoise after being around my aunt and her sulcatas. I have instantly fallen in love with my tortoise and this is the first site I came to before I bought my tort Indio. He has an irregular shell eith a triangle on the side, almost resembles a spear. He is my baby for now hahaha... As a stay at home mom and wife, I give him my entire attention. As I know, it is too early to determine whether it is male or female, the woman I got him from has been around tortoises for years and gave me her best guess... We'll see if she was right later. As well as my tort, I also have a red eared slider turtle which I have had for 6 years and got him as a baby, so I have my land reptile and my water one. Well I just wanted to introduce myself and hope we all chat soon :)

Leopard Tortoise Lover 16199

5 Year Member
Welcome to the forum!! :)
There are lots of knowledgeable people on sulcatas here. You've come to the right place!

I posted a thread called 'share close-up shots of your turtles / tortoises'. Please post a pic of your little guy!! Would love to see him:)

And a pic of your red ear slider if possible!
Thanks! :)

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Hello and Welcome:) Just so you know there is a new and better way of raising sulcatas then what the person you got yours from, or even the way your Aunt may have raised them. So, please take a read of Toms threads below in my post on raising a healthy, smooth sulcata.

Status
Not open for further replies.