I'm getting more family members:) babcockis

Status
Not open for further replies.

AustinASU

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Pensacola, FL
Well for the price you can't beat it anywhere.....and usually at prices like this you get fugly torts....but nope these are grade A....minus the one with the extra scutes....but i chose that one because of it :p

jesst

5 Year Member
Florida
very cute torts....I love the split/ extra scute little one :D Congrats!! watch out they grow up so fast. :)

TortoiseBoy1999

5 Year Member
Palmdale CA
AustinASU said:
Heck yes they are, they are gunna do great.

Well these guys are now on there way here, but here are my three that are coming. :) i think im going to call the one with all the extra scutes "Razor". Any other names for the torts?

I love that name! -Razor- ha so cool!

AustinASU

5 Year Member
Pensacola, FL
Haha i'm already looking into building an outdoor closure for them.....i know leopards aren't diggers, but to be safe how far down should i dig and put a barrier just in case...or should i even worry.

TortoiseBoy1999

5 Year Member
Palmdale CA
AustinASU said:
Haha i'm already looking into building an outdoor closure for them.....i know leopards aren't diggers, but to be safe how far down should i dig and put a barrier just in case...or should i even worry.

Hmmmmm I'm no expert so you can ignore me but I would say...Maybe a foot?

Eweezyfosheezy

5 Year Member
Peoria, Arizona
AustinASU said:

How are you building it? They wont dig out but I would worry about something maybe digging in

I would recommend building something like this http://www.tortoiseforum.org/Thread-Lil-Leopards#axzz21ORU5k00

AustinASU

5 Year Member
Pensacola, FL
Yeah I was going to build one just like that.... But you said to keep an animal from digging in....... From the side or where? And what can of wood did you use. Also is there a way to keep away ants by chance ? It's the small lil fire ants

Eweezyfosheezy

5 Year Member
Peoria, Arizona
I would keep it on some type of table if you could and that would most likely be able to keep the ants out. Also you can spread diatomaceous earth all around the outside of the cage and they wont get past it. I just used regular plywood from Home Depot. I dont know if you have dogs or raccoons or whatever kind of predators but they can dig under something and get to your tort. With something like this the only way they could get to them is breaking through the top.

AustinASU

5 Year Member
Pensacola, FL
Where can I get diatomaceous earth? Also I see the metal screen but is there anything on the bottom or on the sides that goes down into the ground to keep them from digging out or something digging in

Eweezyfosheezy

5 Year Member
Peoria, Arizona
AustinASU said:
Where can I get diatomaceous earth? Also I see the metal screen but is there anything on the bottom or on the sides that goes down into the ground to keep them from digging out or something digging in

Yeah there is wood on the bottom of it. The only way the tortoises can get out is from me opening the screen. You can get diatomaceous earth at a feed store for chickens and other farm animals.

AustinASU

5 Year Member
Pensacola, FL
Holy Cow....these guys love hibiscus leaves. They are lucky torts, they get something new to eat everyday :p

TortoiseBoy1999

5 Year Member
Palmdale CA
AustinASU said:
Holy Cow....these guys love hibiscus leaves. They are lucky torts, they get something new to eat everyday :p

Haha! I'm getting mine tomorrow! From Eweezy!

AustinASU

5 Year Member
Pensacola, FL
That so awesome man!!!! Your gonna lovem, they go crazy over hibiscus leaves...all the other food they like but...this stuff is like candy for them. Make sure to post some pics of your lil guy :p

TortoiseBoy1999

5 Year Member
Palmdale CA
AustinASU said:
That so awesome man!!!! Your gonna lovem, they go crazy over hibiscus leaves...all the other food they like but...this stuff is like candy for them. Make sure to post some pics of your lil guy :p

I SO will!!!!!!!

AustinASU

5 Year Member
Pensacola, FL
tor23.jpgtor22.jpgtor21.jpgHere is some pics of the lil guys, check the first one out i swear he's smiling back!

Last edited by a moderator:

Julius25

5 Year Member
France
The first picture is excellent !!! He's got a big smile =)

Status
Not open for further replies.