Im new & looking for my lost tortoise

Status
Not open for further replies.

hotnostril

5 Year Member
Hello!
My name is Linda and I was given a tip that someone found a Salcata Tortoise that sounds very much like mine. I'm keeping my fingers crossed! Our familiy has been worried sick over Lumpys escape. I've responded in the thread and waiting....

I also have another 14 year old Sacalta named Bumpy that we've had since he was a hatchling.

Linda
856-207-2115

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
A Land Far Away...
Hi! I am eager to see, which one of you (if either) ends up being the owner of the found tortoise. I hope that both tortoises find their way home to each of you shortly.

TheTortoiseWhisperer

5 Year Member
Mandeville, Louisiana
hotnostril said:
Hello!
My name is Linda and I was given a tip that someone found a Salcata Tortoise that sounds very much like mine. I'm keeping my fingers crossed! Our familiy has been worried sick over Lumpys escape. I've responded in the thread and waiting....

I also have another 14 year old Sacalta named Bumpy that we've had since he was a hatchling.

Linda
856-207-2115

HI LINDAAAAAA,

This is the thread where someone said they found a tortoise in New Jersey ---> http://www.tortoiseforum.org/Thread-Found-tortoise--56204#axzz27auOw9rO <-----I HOPE THIS IS YOUR BABY HE FOUND!!!! :) GOOD LUCK, KEEP UP POSTED!!!!!!

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
Well sadly it looks like it was not your tortoise. :( Have you written up infor about him for the "Lost" section? I am sending positive thoughts that your guy will be found by as caring folks as found the one in the other thread and that you both also find each other to bring your tortoise home. Just keep looking and keep "lost Tortoise" fliers and ads out there. With luck, you will be the next happy reunited story in here. *hugs*

shellysmom

10 Year Member!
Sorry it was not your tort. I have a couple ideas that might be helpful, if you haven't already tried them...

1) Call the wildlife rehab people in your area. Where I live, found sulcatas get dumped there surprisingly often, even though they are not native wildlife.

2) There is a service offered by PetAmberAlert.com that you could try, although it's not cheap. Basically, you submit a photo of the missing animal, a description, and your contact info. The company then notifies all of your neighbors within a 2 mile radius or more, if you specify. They also fax alerts to all local vet clinics and animal shelters.

Good luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.