I'm new

Status
Not open for further replies.

maladroit.au.soleil

5 Year Member
Hey, I'm new to this. I bought my redfoot tortoise in May when he was two. I love the guy, but I'm constantly scared i'm doing stuff wrong because he doesn't seem too happy. So yeah, that's why I'm here

dmmj

The member formerly known as captain awesome
10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
CA
Welcome to the forum, I hope you enjoy your visits here. Why do you think he is unhappy?

CourtneyAndCarl

5 Year Member
Middle of nowhere
Welcome! What makes you say you aren't doing things right? And don't worry, most people that come to the forum are doing one or two things wrong, I know I was! The friendly people here will help you get on the right track for your tortoise :)

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Hello,and WELCOME :D. There are some great Redfoot owners on this forum. Give us some more info on what you think is wrong and they will be more then willing to help you out.

tortadise

10 Year Member!
Tropical South Texas
welcome! What would give you the idea he is not happy? Can we see photos of his enclosure and him? Also what are you feeding him? We can help :)

maladroit.au.soleil

5 Year Member
Hey, thanks for your welcomes guys!

He goes through phases of being really active and then other days just sits in the same spot; i'll take him out to bathe him and encourage him to eat, and he's fine, but then goes back to the same spot and does not move.
Over the past week or so, he appears to be sliding around, more than using his legs; they seem like they've become really weak.
He eats mainly red pepper, cabbage, kale and mushroom, with some banana and mango thrown in for a treat.
I can't take a photo right now because my phone is in a bad way, but he lives in a vivarium which I think is maybe 3'X2'X2'

Julius25

5 Year Member
France
Welcome.
Don't worry you will find all you need on this forum. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.