Improving my viv!

Status
Not open for further replies.

George red foot

5 Year Member
I'm desperate to improve my viv to make it perfect for my red foot :)

What's the best substrate to use? What's the best plants to put in it? I've heard a few people say aloe Vera plants, are these safe to put in? I didn't want to put any fake plants in cause I worry George will eat them.

Thanks!

FLINTUS

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Watery Wiltshire in the UK
leaflitter, moss, orchid bark and soil is a good substrate. Good plants include bamboo, hibiscus, weeping fig, umbrella, strawberry and bromeliads. Yes, aloe vera is safe.

theelectraco

5 Year Member
Current pictures will help us help you.

0.1.0 Dachshund
0.0.1 Redfoot
1.0.0 Greek

abclements

5 Year Member
Aloe is safe. I have it in mine. Also, fake plants are really good in a viv... my tort has never had a problem with munching on them. He took one sniff, realized they weren't real and took off after the ones that were real.

I use coco coir for my viv but cypress mulch works equally as well, that one is up to you and availability around you.

If your viv isn't closed chamber, I would suggest that for a starting point.

For plants, go to your local garden store and find ones that you think look nice and if you have a smart phone, look them up on the tortoise table. If not make a list of the ones that would fit your needs and check them when you get home, and go back for the ones that are safe.

Sent from my LG-P769 using TortForum mobile app

Status
Not open for further replies.