Inactiveness?

maddie134

Hi!

I got my baby leo a few days ago and noticed that whenever I come back home at around 4-5pm, he is always sleeping. But I do know that he walks around a bit during the day. Should I also be worried about this or are their cycles like this.

Thanks!
Maddie

ScStange891

Location (City and/or State)
Pennsylvania
I guess that depends- what time does he wake up? My baby is usually awoken (by me) at around 6AM. By the time I'm home from work he's already in dreamland as well. Not an expert here, but it seems to be part of their routine. Also, it's a baby, so they need a good amount of sleep.

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
It sounds pretty normal. However, that's if the housing, lighting, and humidity are correct.
Is he in a closed chamber with high humidity and warm temps, 80+ on both heat and humidity. What type of lighting/heat are you using? We need this info to really be able to say if this is normal activity.

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
Hi!

I got my baby leo a few days ago and noticed that whenever I come back home at around 4-5pm, he is always sleeping. But I do know that he walks around a bit during the day. Should I also be worried about this or are their cycles like this.

Thanks!
Maddie
We need to know the details of how you are housing the baby. What are the temperatures, what heating and lighting equipment are you using, UV, how often do you soak, etc...