inactivity

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kolorbl1nd

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
NY
hey guys.
I have noticed that tanker hasnt been as active as he usually is. I have not had that much time to play or let him out, is that why? can torts get in a mood? thanks

Laurie

5 Year Member
Saratoga County, New York
RE: unactivity

I don't think they can get in a mood. Has anything changed in your enclosure? What is your setup like. I saw your other thread about getting him outside, but tell me about your indoor setup.

Kolorbl1nd

5 Year Member
NY

Laurie said:
I don't think they can get in a mood. Has anything changed in your enclosure? What is your setup like. I saw your other thread about getting him outside, but tell me about your indoor setup.

I took an old dresser and am using that its about 3ft by 6ft its got a mix of soil and coco coir. its in front of a window for some natural light. I have a water bowl for soaking if he wants 3 hides hills made out of rocks that are covered with dirt. fake plant that he used to hide under. I even put up pictures of the outdoors :/

Attachments

• 100MEDIA$IMAG0848.jpg
    100MEDIA$IMAG0848.jpg
    113.4 KB · Views: 21
  • 100MEDIA$IMAG0433.jpg
    100MEDIA$IMAG0433.jpg
    110.4 KB · Views: 18

Laurie

5 Year Member

Tanker is a cutie! UVB light does not penetrate through the window. The sun could be over warming him. Do you check your temperatures? Basking, cool, warm and nighttime. Temperatures play a HUGE part in the well being of your tortoise.

Kolorbl1nd

5 Year Member
NY

Laurie said:
Tanker is a cutie! UVB light does not penetrate through the window. The sun could be over warming him. Do you check your temperatures? Basking, cool, warm and nighttime. Temperatures play a HUGE part in the well being of your tortoise.

his temps are basking 95-100, warm 80-100, cool 65-75, and night 60-70

Laurie

5 Year Member
Hmmm, your setup sounds good. It is large enough, your temperatures look ok. Are you providing a UVB light?

Kolorbl1nd

5 Year Member
NY
Laurie said:
Hmmm, your setup sounds good. It is large enough, your temperatures look ok. Are you providing a UVB light?

I have the powersun 100w self-ballasted mercury vapor UVB lamp. I believe it is big enough. its is an old dresser that is roughly 2 1/2-3 foot across and 5-6 foot length wise. I think he may just be bored. I used to take him out and talk to him all the time and now im afraid I dont do that as much.

Status
Not open for further replies.