Incubating turtle eggs

Turtle girl 98

Location (City and/or State)
Sandstone mn
Hey guys. Sorry for posting again Im just curious. Eggs are at 81 days. Most hatch at what 60-70? At what point do you start to question hatching? Mine seem like they're on there way just tons of dents... Just is there a point of waiting where you guys starting questioning what is going on? I'm new and have no idea how long it is even supposed to take to hatch boxie eggs but everything I've read says anywhere from 45-80 days? I'm not giving up on them just wondering what point you all start to question the eggs. I can see the babies moving and kicking I can feel them hitting the eggs when I put my thumb on them.

Moozillion

10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Louisiana, USA
I wish I knew what to tell you, but I've never hatched or even had turtle eggs.
But I do know they can sometimes take a lot longer than expected.
I've seen a number of people say that as long as they're not rotting, continue incubating and managing the humidity.

Turtle girl 98

Sandstone mn
I wish I knew what to tell you, but I've never hatched or even had turtle eggs.
But I do know they can sometimes take a lot longer than expected.
I've seen a number of people say that as long as they're not rotting, continue incubating and managing the humidity.
Thank you Moozillion. They seem like they are doing something. They're denting like crazy.. getting very anxious as I don't want them to have issues getting out and lose them..