Incubator questions?

tylerandersen

10 Year Member!
I just got my incubator and set it up but I was wondering about the bedding the incubator came with a plastic water catcher and a wire mesh top for it. Do you put the bedding on that or take out both and put the bedding on the floor? Where do you keep your thermometer in the incubator? I will be putting some Amazon Yellow eggs in it. Can I also put a pancake egg in with them?
Any help would be appreciated
Tyler

tortadise

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Tropical South Texas
The best thing to use is a deli cup or little tub. Even old butter dishes with the lid works well(rinsed out of course). Punch a few holes in it. Pancake egg is fine with yellow foot eggs. As long as the temps are good. For both I'd go with 86. Do you have vermiculite? Or what substrate are you going to used thermometer should be placed at the same level the eggs will be at. The wire doesn't need to be in there either really.

tortadise

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Tropical South Texas
Just like this place the egg in substrate. With all our eggs(except some rarer species) I mix the vermiculite with water until it's moist but not saturated then I don't do anything after that except keep the humidity up with a cup of water with wet sponge in it.

image.jpg image.jpg

tylerandersen

10 Year Member!
Do you put these then in the incubator? These are my first eggs and I would really like to give them the best chance at hatching!