Incubator recomendations

CourtneyG

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Auburn, Alabama
My Hovabator 1602-N works fine, but I hate how it is hard to figure out what I am setting the internal temp to since it is just a metal thing I twist. Also the on and off heating thing really sucks, sometimes the room the incubator is in warms up and the incubator switches on, so the internal temp goes to 90F and up. The nice thing is it holds humidity great and the temp is constant throughout the incubator. But I would like something better that I can work with. Something that reads the temp range and only switches on when it gets low and stays off when it is at the right temp and cools down the incubator when it gets too warm on the inside. Does anybody have recomendations to get, I don't really want to build one since I might make a big mess up despite using tutorials or spend a lot of money on parts, but I do have a wine fridge I might(very weak might here) be able to convert if it is the best option. Something for a hobbyists, not a large scale breeder.

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Chicago, Illinois, USA
I think they all work better too, if you put it in an area that the temp stays pretty much the same, and isn't already a warm room. This is my first time with one. That's the tip I was given by a member. I put mine in the basement which is always cool and never warmer then I want the eggs to be. It's working great. Both temp and humidity hasn't moved since I got it where I wanted it.