Indian star tortoise's red spot in eye

nini b

Location (City and/or State)
Maharashtra
I have an Indian star tortoise, female, who's almost an year old, we give her a warm water bath every evening and sun bath at early morning for almost an hour or two, also make sure to feed her well (she loves eating) but in recent months we have spotted a red spot in her eyes which kind of gets drastic or reduces; don't know what's happening and since then she's been less playful, not so active but eats perfectly fine and poops well.
If anyone can help me, please do
Also we don't have any vet concerned for tortoise, so please do suggest

Attachments

• IMG-20240813-WA0007.jpg
    IMG-20240813-WA0007.jpg
    90.3 KB · Views: 1

Littleredfootbigredheart

UK
Oh dear that does look sore bless them😣

I don’t suppose we could get a little more info? It’ll be helpful for those who will come along to advise, not saying each of these questions could be a contributing factor, but they’ll still be helpful to know😊
What are your temps like? How’s your humidity? What are you using for substrate? What kind of lighting/heating are you using? And what indoor uv do you have if any?

Let me tag these guys and see what they make of the photo @wellington @Tom @Yvonne G 🙂

nini b

Maharashtra
Oh dear that does look sore bless them😣

I don’t suppose we could get a little more info? It’ll be helpful for those who will come along to advise, not saying each of these questions could be a contributing factor, but they’ll still be helpful to know😊
What are your temps like? How’s your humidity? What are you using for substrate? What kind of lighting/heating are you using? And what indoor uv do you have if any?

Let me tag these guys and see what they make of the photo @wellington @Tom @Yvonne G 🙂
So firstly, i used to keep her in blanket but guess she didn't like it so she would just roam around and sleep at one corner so i stopped using blanket and let her be however she wants. Secondly, we live in India and now its monsoon so the temperature is 28°C but during the summer season its way more humid than we expect. Lastly, we don't use any lighting or heating or the indoor UV; we have basically kept simple because climate here changes time to time; we already had mum & dad tortoise who's still fit and fine and are 19 years old none of them ever had any kind of infection or any health related issues and was kept simple like now!
I don't understand anymore, please help!

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Tortoises can not digest their food and keep innards working properly without a basking area that reaches 95-100.
They should have their own designated enclosure inside and out with proper light, heat, substrate, clay saucer water dish etc.
Because a tortoise has survived a long time with improper care, doesn't mean they have thrived
Or will last their life span.
Please read the carsheet on this forum and set him up properly.
@Yvonne G may be able to tell you what to do for the eye.