Indoor enclosure, cherry head, need ideas

myk

Location (City and/or State)
London ontario
Hi everyone,
This forum is so so helpful, so many wonderful people here.

TLDR: ideas for indoor enclosure/setting up a room *semi-temporarily* hopefully will move houses in 4-5 years. Currently living in Northeastern US

anyway I need to come up with a creative solution. I was going to buy an animal plastics enclosure or an even more awesome one from Mark, or make one similar to Sterant, but I'm realizing reading in here that I need something *much* bigger (the breeder at the reptile show did not express how much room a little tortoise needs 😞)

I've searched on here but I feel like I could read forever and never make a decision...I need a little hand holding I think

Please hit me with your best ideas... I'll have a budget of about $500-800 and it would be great to have something that can be (easily-ish)moved to another house. I am somewhat "handy" but don't have any tools.

I'm thinking our basement/"bonus" room might be best space wise, but it's carpeted.

I think I've read 64sqft of space is minimum?

Had anyone done anything like I mention before, or is there a better idea?

Could I put covered plastic tubs connected with some type of tube? Would need 8-9 storage tubs. Cons: large footprint:can't stack them, would need multiple heat sources?

Or do similar with a folding kiddie pool, cut the sides to attach to a heated tub or enclosure (is it ok to have such a large uncovered space? What temp would I need to keep the room at?)
Pool is 87" (7.25') diameter= about 41sqft so it'd need additional 23ft2 (this would be 3 tubs, or a 3x7 enclosure.

Thanks for any help and ideas. You all rock

Amazon pool link: https://a.co/d/7BNIWEx

Lowe's solid black : is 7.6sqft

Walmart tree box 52"x20" 15" tall 8.6ft2

Home Depot clear box 45"x23" 22" high 7.5sqft
Look at the pop up pools on Amazon, I was considering that,

myk

Location (City and/or State)
London ontario
Look at the pop up pools on Amazon, I was considering that,I went with above ground planter ,but it needs alot of tweaking

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240115_155138_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20240115_155138_Chrome.jpg
    163.3 KB · Views: 1

Lrn2trvl

5 Year Member
I was looking at the garden beds as well, but they mostly don't have bottoms ...

Lrn2trvl

5 Year Member
Oh, my dad started the PVC enclosure, without me.... And has taken it over, but it is now on pause due to weather and health... of course he's changed things (I guess that's where I get it from!)

He thinks the PVC won't be study enough to move so he's improvising a frame. And he said he'll try to make the top part more like a lid... Not sure if he'll figure out how to make it hinged.... Hopefully he finishes soon, because as soon as the weather is warm, I'm going to set him to making an outdoors enclosure! 😁

Attachments

• IMG_20240201_092031.jpg
    IMG_20240201_092031.jpg
    651.8 KB · Views: 1