Indoor enclosure

jjaymeza

Location (City and/or State)
Fort Worth
Does any one know where or from whom I can purchase a beautiful enclosure that’s perfect for indoor hatchling sulcatas I am in need of one big enough for 7.

Destben

Kansas
This is my Animal Plastics enclosure. its a 4X2 and I only have one leopard tort hatchling in it. They have bigger enclosures but I thought this might be a good reference. IMG_8111.jpg

Destben

Kansas
how long have you had it? And is it durable and is it actually made out of plastic.

The only issue I have had is that the acrylic doors I got are bending, but you can pick what kind of doors. It’s like a wood that’s coated. They custom make them and they come dissembled, but are easy to put together. Mine I had them add two 8 inch cutout screens to place my heat lamps on and a mounted UVB strip bulb fixture on the back wall. It was extra but well worth it. I have had mine for about 4 months and I’m very happy with itIMG_7005.jpg

jjaymeza

Fort Worth
7 sulcatas! Wow! What’s the plan for when they turn into bulldozers? Lol

Have you ever seen Kamp Kenan I want my home to be a similar version cause I’m very passionate about this breed I love them! I want them to move about my back yard as they please I plan on having a big heated barn for them to come into when it’s cold/winter. :)

Pearly

5 Year Member
Central Texas, Austin area
Does any one know where or from whom I can purchase a beautiful enclosure that’s perfect for indoor hatchling sulcatas I am in need of one big enough for 7.

7 baby sulcatas???!!!! Wow! Congratulations! As for the enclosures there are some great reptile plastic enclosures you can order on line, closed chambers which is what you need, but they are pretty expensive. It’s best to have some handy skills and diy those if you can. Our @Tom has several great threads with detailed instructions on how to build one

Pearly

5 Year Member
Have you ever seen Kamp Kenan I want my home to be a similar version cause I’m very passionate about this breed I love them! I want them to move about my back yard as they please I plan on having a big heated barn for them to come into when it’s cold/winter. :)

I’d rather stick around here for GOOD info on raising sulcatas and if you intend to keep all 7 of yours, I hope you have some acreage[emoji6][emoji217]

jjaymeza

Fort Worth
7 baby sulcatas???!!!! Wow! Congratulations! As for the enclosures there are some great reptile plastic enclosures you can order on line, closed chambers which is what you need, but they are pretty expensive. It’s best to have some handy skills and diy those if you can. Our @Tom has several great threads with detailed instructions on how to build one

Awe thank you! Yeah I am planning on just biting the bullet and making an investment on a very big enclosure from the site listed. Tom has shown me a few so I’m just going to purchase one I suppose I need to research more on when they become bulldozers.

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
It’s like a wood that’s coated.

AP cages are made purely of CDPVC. It is 1/2" controlled density PVC plastic. Its kind of like a sheet of 1/2 inch plywood, but it air impregneated plastic that never rots or corrodes. No paint to wear off either. Imagine a thick walled PVC pipe, only lighter weight since it has little air bubbles infused in the plastic.

Also, I went with the sliding glass doors for exactly that reason. No flex and they are working perfectly,

jjaymeza

Fort Worth
AP cages are made purely of CDPVC. It is 1/2" controlled density PVC plastic. Its kind of like a sheet of 1/2 inch plywood, but it air impregneated plastic that never rots or corrodes. No paint to wear off either. Imagine a thick walled PVC pipe, only lighter weight since it has little air bubbles infused in the plastic.

Also, I went with the sliding glass doors for exactly that reason. No flex and they are working perfectly,

I just want the best enclosure possible so how do you customize do you inform them over the phone or do you just build it piece by piece when ordering?

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
I just want the best enclosure possible so how do you customize do you inform them over the phone or do you just build it piece by piece when ordering?
Call and talk to them. They are a small company and offer personalized service. The woman who usually answers the phone is very nice and she knows her products and what questions to ask. She will make you aware of all the available options and talk you through the whole process. She is very professional and pleasant to deal with.

Pearly

5 Year Member
Awe thank you! Yeah I am planning on just biting the bullet and making an investment on a very big enclosure from the site listed. Tom has shown me a few so I’m just going to purchase one I suppose I need to research more on when they become bulldozers.

You do know that this several hundred bucks enclosure will not last you for more than a couple yrs at the most. Well, I’m not sure about sulcata torts but my RFs for example outgrew their 40 gal tank in 2 yrs. You maybe getting one of those REALLY big, long expensive closed chambers, but, with the number of tortoises you have, I’d have a back up plan for their “stage 2”. But you know what, if money is not an issue for you, then just ENJOY it! Raiding baby torts is sooooo much fun!!!! I love the sulcata too, but we are limited on space here (suburban garden) so decided on smaller species (RFs) I hope you post LOTS of pictures here. Can’t wait to see them all[emoji217]

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
You do know that this several hundred bucks enclosure will not last you for more than a couple yrs at the most.
If he buys the T65 or T70, that should last the tortoise until its big enough to live outside full time. Especially if a large outdoor enclosure is used during fair weather as the tortoises grow.

Destben

Kansas

See that’s why I thought it looked like wood. It was very sturdy though.

Destben

Kansas
Call and talk to them. They are a small company and offer personalized service. The woman who usually answers the phone is very nice and she knows her products and what questions to ask. She will make you aware of all the available options and talk you through the whole process. She is very professional and pleasant to deal with.

I got really good customer service via email. They are very attentive!

Destben

Kansas
How long did it take to get your enclosure?

About a month and a half I did the quick ship enclosure but I gave them a bit of trouble with my order because I’m indecisive.

Reactions: Tom