Indoor enclosure

Status
Not open for further replies.

trophy427

5 Year Member
Hi I have 6 Tortoises 2 2 year old hermann Rosie and Bertie 2 1 year old hermann Elle and Pippin and 2 1 year old spur thigh Pickle and Aflie.
I have just moved into a new house and have finally got the measurement for hoe big there new enclosure can be.
I'm going to be using a sand and soil mix but I have found since my torts are getting bigger there running out of things they can 'play' with. Has any one got any suggestion on stuff I could use I'm building an enclosure which is about 165cm by 70 cm.
Thanks

... O not all of them are together there in pairs due to sizes and breeds.

Levi the Leopard

IXOYE
10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Southern Oregon
the best suggestion i could give you for things they can "play" with:

lots of plants! they will enjoy hiding under them, walking around them, snacking on them. it will look great for you and is exactly how they would want it.

trophy427

5 Year Member
Thanks for getting back.
What sort of plants?
I no spider plant is one any others which are easy to grow indoors?

Levi the Leopard

IXOYE
10 Year Member!
Southern Oregon
I'll put together a nice list for you..I'm on my phone app right now but next time I'm at the computer I'll give you specific ideas

biochemnerd808

10 Year Member!
Central Arkansas (we moved!)
I put flat rocks into my torts' enclosure, and they seem to have fun bulldozing and pushing them all over. I've tried a golf ball, but they just ignored it... other people have torts who will "play" with it.

Also provide lots of "up and over" type things, like a thick-ish stick they have to climb over to get from one side to the other, or a little ramp. 2 of my torts are half monkey, and they climb up on top of their half-log hide-away, then purposefully topple off one end.

Team Gomberg said:
I'll put together a nice list for you..I'm on my phone app right now but next time I'm at the computer I'll give you specific ideas

Status
Not open for further replies.