Indoor Tortoise Cage Options!

Status
Not open for further replies.

peauk

5 Year Member
Hi all,

I'm looking to buy a new tortoise cage for indoors.
The current type I have is this:
0112-4550-01.jpg

I originally had a glass style vivarium with slide doors. I had this until I quickly learnt that these were bad for ventilation and that if a tortoise had an all glass cage it would slowly go made by bouncing into the glass all the time.

So I have an open style one, the largest I could get.
This has been great, and I have noticed a big difference in his breathing over the last 2 years that I have had him in this style of enclosure.

But I wish he could look around again, as my tortoise is extremely inquisitive. When he use to be in a glass vivarium he always use to look around and be able to see everyone passing etc. Aside from this I want to be able to see him as well when sitting down. The plastic open style enclosure won't allow this.

So i'm asking for advice or suggestions of any glass style or semi glass style enclosure.
Where the tortoise has a good level of air flow and ventilation but will be able to see me and others.
If anyone could suggest something like this, perhaps something that i could adjust for extra ventilation by simply taking of the top etc. I know some vivariums have cut holes in for ventilation etc.

Looking forward to some advice.

Best,

Phil

Status
Not open for further replies.