into and wow!

Status
Not open for further replies.

[email protected]

5 Year Member
hi everybody,
I was looking for a indian star tortoise when i came across your website, i read about dr. james and reliezed that he was the exact person i had emailed yesterday about the tortoise i was going to buy. and i thought this would be an amazing website to look into. I guess it is time for me to introduce myself, i live in colorado with a dog, and 2 cats. i have never owned a turtle before but I have wanted one for a past year.i was wondering if you know of a rescue place or someone who is selling stars around here.

Stephanie Logan

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Colorado
Where in Colorado do you live? I am in Centennial.

There's a Reptile Rescue organization in the Metro Area, and one in Castle Rock too, I think: http://www.corhs.org/adoption.html

A quick glance at their adoptions page showed several tortoises available.

Good luck and post some photos for us when you find your special pet. Remember to read all you can on this site in the "Enclosures" and "Food and Diet" sections so that your tortoise will be set up for optimum health and longevity. :D

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
Welcome to the family! :D Stars are certainly beautiful tortoises, but not always the easiest to start with. I am very glad your doing the research first, that is a huge part in doing it right. Look forward to seeing future pictures of your new addition, when you get him. Meanwhile, sit back, relax, and enjoy yourself in here! :)

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
It usually depends on how much room you have, how large of a tortoise you would like, what kind of diet, lighting and humidity needs, sounds most workable to you and your life style.

If your heart is into a Star, then you may not be really happy with any other species. It's not impossible for a first time tortoise, just a bit harder. The most commonly suggested ones however are redfoots, Russians, Greek, and hermanns. I would just check out the different forums, especially the pictures area and see what jumps out at you and then research plus ask questions.

Status
Not open for further replies.