Intro... Alfie the Horsefield!

Status
Not open for further replies.

ap123ap

5 Year Member
Hi All

Just a quick intro. I am a proud owner of a male 2 year old Horsefield tortoise named Alfie!

He is nice and active and seems content.
He seems to be eating well and seems to be weeing and pooing too. He helps himself to his food and enjoys being fed too.

We have been monitoring his size and weight and noticed that his weight has dropped within a week from 224g to 212g. Is this anything to worry about?

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Clovis, CA
Hi, and welcome to the Forum!

Because tortoises are so small, it makes a big difference with their weight when they void the urine or when they poop.

If the tortoise is eating and acting normal, I wouldn't worry about a slight drop in weight.

ap123ap

5 Year Member
Yvonne G said:
Hi, and welcome to the Forum!

Because tortoises are so small, it makes a big difference with their weight when they void the urine or when they poop.

If the tortoise is eating and acting normal, I wouldn't worry about a slight drop in weight.

Hi Yvonne

Thanks for the reassurance! :)

ascott

10 Year Member!
Apple Valley, California
Agree with Yvonne....and I have to ask....well, because that is just the way I am :D...did you photo shop that ring bling in the pic? Because if not, way perfect moment caught...lol

ap123ap

5 Year Member
ascott said:
Agree with Yvonne....and I have to ask....well, because that is just the way I am :D...did you photo shop that ring bling in the pic? Because if not, way perfect moment caught...lol

lol! No PS involved with it, direct sunlight and D7000 DSLR caught the moment perfectly! :D

By the way that is my wife's hand not mine!

sunshine_hugs

5 Year Member
First of all, welcome! Alfie is a cutie. That picture is great! It looks like a magazine ad! :D

reatrocity

5 Year Member
West Virginia, United States
Welcome! Alfie is adorable, and he looks healthy and happy to me!

I just wanna' say, you did well for your wife LOL! :p Strangely enough though I was most attracted to her nails- particularly her nail length! I am slightly jealous! :) Or maybe it's just the red, and I have that tort eyesight.

Status
Not open for further replies.