Introducing her to the sun

BuzBuz

Location (City and/or State)
Houston, Texas
Heidi is about 5 months old and has mainly stayed in her indoor enclosure for all of that time. I decided to start going outside with her to give her some sunlight aside from her uvb light. I'll be moving in October so she'll have plenty of grass, sun AND protection when it comes time for more great outdoors. Here's a bonus photo! (Concrete was warm not hot, was only on it for a brief time. Sad I have to give a disclaimer but here we are, it's 2021.)

Attachments

• PXL_20210809_171733369~2.jpg
    PXL_20210809_171733369~2.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 25

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Just be careful when outside. Tortoises can over heat quickly. Shade should always be available for the tort to walk too.
If you can get her outside 3-4 times a week, you don't need the uvb light for that time. Helps to save life of the bulb and a little on your electric bill.

BuzBuz

Houston, Texas
Just be careful when outside. Tortoises can over heat quickly. Shade should always be available for the tort to walk too.
If you can get her outside 3-4 times a week, you don't need the uvb light for that time. Helps to save life of the bulb and a little on your electric bill.
Okay, thanks for the advice!