Introducing Josette, our baby sulcata

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kameo37

5 Year Member
After careful consideration and lots and lots of reading, we got a baby sulcata! She's about 2 1/2 mos old, we've had her for almost 2 weeks. She is doing great so far! She is eating like a super tiny horse and is quite fast for such a little lady ("lady", based on incubation temps). She absolutely loves her outside time, which she gets 30min -1 hr daily. She was my husband's father's day gift, but we are all so invested in her...and I'm the one with the tortforum acct. ;)
We are trying to follow Tom's advice to a T. It's not as hard as I originally thought---I posted with questions a while back and then went back and did MORE reading.
We are very happy to have this little gal! So are the kids, who are already working out who is going to have her when she outlives us! :/
Here's a video of her munching on an afternoon snack of mazuri, after she already demolished a huge pile of grass and weeds!
Note the good table manners we've already taught her. ; )
player.swf

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using TortForum mobile app

tiff3grl

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Arizona
Hi and congrats. The video is not showing up. Oh, and don't get too set on her being a female just yet ;)

Vickie

5 Year Member
What a cutie! Jeez makes me just get all the more antsy for my Greek young one to be ready to come home. LOL

Table manners are wonderful! Watching it wipe its mouth when he has something stuck to it.....way to cute! Now all you need to do is make her a small napkin that can go on her front leg so she can whip her mouth with it instead of getting on her leg. LOL ;)

Kameo37

5 Year Member
Yes, we are perfectly happy to switch Josette to Joey, if needed. ;)

Kameo37

5 Year Member
Thanks for the warm welcome! We are just so enamored with her. We weighed her today and she has gained 5g in 6 days!

Kameo37

5 Year Member
Haha, zman! Those were my exact words!

Kameo37

5 Year Member
Thanks! I have to say, your story with Echo crosses my mind a lot when we are fussing over this little one. Those weird flukes can happen to anyone.

Status
Not open for further replies.