Introducing Leo

TheLeeLeeLeo

Location (City and/or State)
Winnipeg
Hello,

My name is Penney and my son Benson has a Tortoise named Leo. We got him at 2 months old in November. He is a happy little guy and likes to eat!! especially strawberries and watermelon occationally. Just wanted to say hi!

Penney & Benson

SinLA

Tortoise Club
Los Angeles
What kind of tortoise: Fruit isn't good for a lot of them. Can you share photos of him and his setup? People here will be able to give you good advice...

TheLeeLeeLeo

Winnipeg
What kind of tortoise: Fruit isn't good for a lot of them. Can you share photos of him and his setup? People here will be able to give you good advice...
he's a hermanns tortoise. We only give fruit once a month and a tiny bit. ill send a pic of his setup.

TheLeeLeeLeo

Winnipeg
His enclosure, we tried an african violet and succulent, those did not like it in there :(

Attachments

• leo house.jpg
    leo house.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 2

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Stop giving the fruit. Even a little bit, specially on a little one can really mess up their gut
The enclosure needs to be closed up more, closed chamber to keep humidity up to prevent pyramiding. What are the temps? Basking?, Over all? Night?

TheLeeLeeLeo

Winnipeg
Stop giving the fruit. Even a little bit, specially on a little one can really mess up their gut
The enclosure needs to be closed up more, closed chamber to keep humidity up to prevent pyramiding. What are the temps? Basking?, Over all? Night?
Oh really, the tortoise breeder said it should be fine. How should I close it up more? There is a seperate area that is completely closed he can go in and often sleeps in. We mist his enclosure daily, and sometimes will even add water to the coconut husk to keep it moist. Off hand I dont know what the temps are. I'll have to get back to you on that.

SinLA

Tortoise Club
Los Angeles
I know this may be overwhelming, but I *really* recommend reading this:

its a lot of info, but will really help you keep your little one in good health. Especially when they are that young and delicate...

TheLeeLeeLeo

Winnipeg
Thanks, very long and detailed read. I learned alot. we ve only been soaking 10 min a day as thats what the breeder said. We will slowly make it to 30 minutes. Leo wont like that he isnt a fan of baths.
What exactly is a closed chamber?

TammyJ

5 Year Member
Jamaica
What are the temperatures and humidity level inside the enclosure?