Introduction for not me, but this little guy!

Grace-Sophia

Location (City and/or State)
Texas
Hello all,
I know that I have posted another thread about this new animal, but I thought that it would only be fair to introduce him to you all properly!
This is Hurley my 5 year old Western Painted Turtle, and here's his story -
I rescued Hurley out of a situation where he was being mistreated. He was in a tank with only about 5 inches of water, along with a RES that was around 9 inches long (mind you this little dude is only around 5 1/2 inches) so as you could imagine he was being picked on. When I arrived to the location, Hurley was tucked in a corner with his eyes crusted shut, huddled under the basking spot trying to avoid stress by the RES. The guy told me that Hurley was just "lazy" and didn't do much, I asked what the temperature of the water was and he said "I dunno? It feels kinda chilly." I literally kid you not! So I proceed to get Hurley into the carrier I brought for him, equipped with heat packs, and took him home.

Here his is now enjoying his new life being a turtle without a care or worry in the world, and mind you, he is the farthest thing from LAZY! Just shows you how big of an impact care has on these little creatures!

I love him so much, he's amazing, and quite honestly one of the most friendly turtles I know!
Introducing Hurley (his name means "Sea Tide" which I thought was fitting for a water turtle!) -

Attachments

• IMG_9299.JPG
    IMG_9299.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 27
  • IMG_9293.JPG
    IMG_9293.JPG
    1.8 MB · Views: 24
  • IMG_9292.JPG
    IMG_9292.JPG
    2.2 MB · Views: 29