introduction MillerJ

MillerJ

Location (City and/or State)
MN

lilly_sand99

Marshalltown IA
Hello! Welcome to the forum!
My phone isn't loading the pictures... But would love you if tried posting them again!!!

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Hi, and welcome! What breed dog is BB? Reason I ask is because I have one that looks like her/him only different color:

Misty 7-26-13.jpg

Ray--Opo

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Palm Bay Fl
Welcome what kind of tort?
My phone is not loading the pics. But I think it might be my phone.

Lyn W

5 Year Member
UK
I can't see the pics yet either because when I click on the links it tells me there's an error.
But hello and welcome!

MillerJ

MN
Hi, and welcome! What breed dog is BB? Reason I ask is because I have one that looks like her/him only different color:

View attachment 268684
She is an albino doberman. My male is also a doberman, but he is a red and rust without his ears doneo,so mostpeople don't realize he is a dobe.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
I can't see the pics yet either because when I click on the links it tells me there's an error.
But hello and welcome!

To all of you who get the error message when opening pictures, or who have trouble opening pictures:

When I report things like this to Josh, here's what he says to me, "I can tackle these issues but it'll be a lot easier if they're not all over the place. As always, links, screenshots, etc will be very helpful. The more info the better."

There is a section where you can report trouble:

https://tortoiseforum.org/forums/site-help-and-feedback.9/

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
She is an albino doberman. My male is also a doberman, but he is a red and rust without his ears doneo,so mostpeople don't realize he is a dobe.
Mine doesn't have her ears clipped either. Most people ask if she's a weimaraner.

MillerJ

MN
Mine doesn't have her ears clipped either. Most people ask if she's a weimaraner.
I work with a local doberman rescue so I get mine "as is". I do perfer the tail done, but it's crazy to me to deal with people that don't want a dog because the ears aren't cropped. I would say it's like 60% of people looking at our rescue dogs only want them if they have been cropped.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
This is my fifth or sixth doberman. We always had their ears cropped, but the older I got, the harder it was for me to stomach what the pup had to go through. I won't do it again.

MillerJ

MN
I appreciate the look but like you it seems hard on puppies. Plus avoiding the stereotype of dobes is nice. People seem to not realize it's a dobe without the ears done. Like you I've had my dog mistaken for other breeds. I get pointer a lot.