Introduction!

Phoebe Weaver

Location (City and/or State)
Orlando Florida
Hey Y'all!
My name is Phoebe and I currently live in Orlando, Florida! I have been looking into adopting a tortoise for a while now and am joining this forum to hopefully gain more information on what turtle is best for me as it will need to be a primarily indoor turtle. I can't wait to learn more!

dmmj

The member formerly known as captain awesome
10 Year Member!
CA
Greetings! & welcome to the forum. So a turtle? Water turtle? Box turtle? Wood turtle? Lots of choices.

Pastel Tortie

North Florida
Hello from North Florida, and welcome to the forum!

How soon are you looking to get a turtle? Or maybe I should ask if you have plans for the weekend of August 17-18... ;) That's when the National Reptile Breeders Expo will be held in Daytona Beach. It's an easy drive from Orlando. You will be able to see a wide variety of turtles and tortoises in person, talk to the breeders, and (if you're ready and find what you like) pick one out for yourself. You just need to do some research (and preparation) between now and then. :D

ZEROPILOT

REDFOOT WRANGLER
Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
South Eastern Florida (U.S.A.)/Rock Hill S.C.
Welcome from south Florida!
Are you able to keep your tortoise outside in a pen or will it need to be an inside pet? If indoots or outdoors, how much space?
These need to be considered when deciding.
A very wise person would do all of their homework and have everything ready for whatever you decide on BEFORE the animal comes home.
(And it's something almost none of us old timers did)
It will make your life SO much easier!