introduction

Status
Not open for further replies.

lovelyrosepetal

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Oklahoma
Hi, I am new to this site. I just bought three sulcata tortoise hatchlings. They are super cute and super small. I have them in a fifty gallon set up and will move them in a few weeks to a bigger enclosure. I have six ornate box turtles, four adults and two juveniles. They are the funniest things to watch. I live in Oklahoma, near Texas and I have seven kiddos and one super husband. Any good advice as to how to raise healthy and happy torts. would be appreciated. Thanks, Rose

tortle

5 Year Member
Phoenix, AZ
Welcome! Wow 7 kids and several tortoises? You're a super mom.

ScooterLove

5 Year Member
Hi! I am also new to this website! I own a male Russian Tortoise named Scooter... !
Thanks,
Amanda :tort:

lovelyrosepetal

5 Year Member
Oklahoma
My tortoises do not have names, yet. One is mine, one is my husband's and one is my son's. My husband gets first pick but has not made up his mind yet. I will primarily be taking care of them so I think of all of them as mine. I will post pics. When my camera gets fixed. My box turtles are Crystal, Cheetah Neck, Sweetie Pie, Little Girl, Perry, Agent B and Bay. Thanks for all the warm welcomes.

N2TORTS

5 Year Member
Rose you've come to the right place ....... " Welcome to the forum" :)

a wealth of knowledge , good vibes and great folks! .....

JD~:shy:

lovelyrosepetal

5 Year Member
Oklahoma
Hi Coreyc, Thanks for the thread:) I have read it a couple of times and have printed it off for reference purposes. I think it is great! Tom seems to be the quite the expert. I actually got my sulcatas from AZSULCATA. That is Austin's site. He gave me some great looking tortoises. My box turtles I adopted from people who no longer wanted or could care for their turtles. I said I have six but I actually have seven, I got one last one from someone who could not keep her. She is my Little Girl. Thanks for all the help and warm welcomes. Tom and Austin have given me some great advice and have put some of my worries at ease. I do have a question about substrate changing. If you have any advice please let me know. Thanks! :)

Hi, I meant to let all of you know how much I appreciate your warm welcomes. I am so pleased to be able to find this site and find so many others who share my love of turtles and tortoises. Thanks, Rose :)

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
ScooterLove said:
Hi! I am also new to this website! I own a male Russian Tortoise named Scooter... !
Thanks,
Amanda :tort:

Hi Amanda:

Won't you take a few moments to start a new thread in the "introductions" section and tell us a bit about yourself?

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
lovelyrosepetal said:
My box turtles are Crystal, Cheetah Neck, Sweetie Pie, Little Girl, Perry, Agent B and Bay. Thanks for all the warm welcomes.

Those are some interesting names. :D

lovelyrosepetal

5 Year Member
Oklahoma
Yeah, they are interesting names. My daughter actually owns Cheetah Neck, because she has a neck that is all spotted. Crystal was named by my daughter because she didn't like the name Corn that I was thinking of, she loves corn more than anything and I wasn't taken by it. Sweetie Pie because my turtle is really sweet and is so laid back. Little Girl because she is little and I was always calling her that. Perry because of Phineas and Ferb, only he is Per-ry isn't the platypus. Agent B also because of Phineas and Ferb but because he is a box turtle instead of a platypus we thought B was more appropriate than P, he reminds me of Agent P because he is so bold and unafraid of anything. Bay because I love Once Upon A Time and I like Mr. Gold's son, Bay. That is my rather lengthy expanation of how we came up with our names. I have yet to be inspired about what to name my tortoise. My son has a few ideas about his and my husband is too busy renovating our house than to think of names. I will try to get some pictures up and any ideas would be considered. Thanks :)

Status
Not open for further replies.