Is dancing normal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Missy

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Illinois
Just in the last few days Tank started dancing. It looks like he is scratching himself on different things like his sedge grass and his rock. Is this normal or does he have something bothering him? I found a cute video and he seems to be dancing for joy. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NVIhv4Nd9Vw

Urtle

5 Year Member
Missy said:
Just in the last few days Tank started dancing. It looks like he is scratching himself on different things like his sedge grass and his rock. Is this normal or does he have something bothering him? I found a cute video and he seems to be dancing for joy. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NVIhv4Nd9Vw

haha wow what a coincidence I saw this video on youtube last night. Was gunna ask the same thing. My tortoise does the same thing when i hose him. weird lol

Missy

5 Year Member
Illinois
Urtle said:
Missy said:

haha wow what a coincidence I saw this video on youtube last night. Was gunna ask the same thing. My tortoise does the same thing when i hose him. weird lol

Well hopefully we will both get an answer. Its so cute I hope its just them having a good time:)

Candy

10 Year Member!
Alhambra, CA
Dale does this when Alexander rubs his butt. We call it the butt dance. :D

M

Maggie Cummings

Bob does it when I rub his carapace. I call it the hootchy cootchy dance...

Missy

5 Year Member
Illinois
Awww thats great. I think its so funny. Glad to know they all do it. I was just hoping he didn't have some kinda bugs.

Rhyno47

5 Year Member
Hagerstown, MD
My thought was that it was a "dont mount me" move. It happens when you touch the carapace at the part where the shell of one tort would rub on another if it mounted the first.

elvis

5 Year Member
southern calif
Elvis only does it when his been in the sun for a bit and I get the hose and mist him. He will stop and start shaking his booty. I've always found it adorable!

TortieLuver

5 Year Member
Arizona
That video is so cute! Mine just lay there while I hose them down. You should send in to funniest home videos.

Status
Not open for further replies.