is it okay to de-stem

Status
Not open for further replies.

JennBell0725

5 Year Member
Ive been gathering weeds and stuff in my yard for my sulcata hatchlings. Them have a tough time with the stems so ive been pull the leaves off the stems and on the broad leaf plays I pull the whole stem off that goes up the leaf is that okay or is that defeating the purpose of giving them the weeds since it takes out the roughage. If that makes since. I make sure they have food 24/7. Spring mix and mazuri in the morning and then a mix of clover grass and weeds later in the evening. The only thing they dont seem to eat is the clover flowers

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Chicago, Illinois, USA
I did the same thing for my leopard hatchling. When he got older, then I leave some of the not so big ones on. He is over two now and I will still remove any really hard or thick stems. So, in my opinion, yes remove them. As they get larger and stronger, then leave them on.

mattgrizzlybear

10 Year Member!
NE Ohio
For babies use the softer stems as they are not as strong as the older ones. Then as he/she gets older use both!

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
Yep totally fine. In a relatively short time you will be shocked at what they can eat. You'll be able to just drop whole pumpkins in the enclosure and watch them disappear in minutes.

Levi the Leopard

IXOYE
10 Year Member!
Southern Oregon
Re: RE: is it okay to de-stem

Tom said:
You'll be able to just drop whole pumpkins in the enclosure and watch them disappear in minutes.

Seriously?...whoa.

Heather
sent while on my purple android TFOapp

Status
Not open for further replies.