Is it warm enough...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mnash0915

5 Year Member
It is 65 degrees outside today in Southern Indiana on the first day of feb!! It sounds crazy but it is true and I just wondered if it is warm enough to take my Russian outside today to get some exercise. What to you guys think?
Thanks!
Michelle

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Chicago, Illinois, USA
If it isn't a baby and you keep it in the sun, but also watching his shell temp, it should be warm enough. Isn't this a great winter:D. I live in Chicago and its been warm. I sure hope we don't pay for it in February or in the summer.
Enjoy the warmth:D
P.S. Make sure you keep him/her on dry ground.

Mnash0915

5 Year Member
Thank you! It actually started raining so we stayed in. I just thought the little guy would enjoy the exercise and sun shine!! He isn't a baby and I would only leave him out about 20 min but maybe tomorrow.
We only live about 5 hr south of Chicago and I agree with you. I hope it isn't snowing in April :)
Thanks again for your help!!

Laura

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Foothills above Sacramento CA
i dont put him down and walk away.. even for a minute! make sure you have a secure place to put him outside...

Mnash0915

5 Year Member
The kids and I always sit in a circle and watch him
What would be a good way to have a secure play for him to hang out in the sun once the summer gets here?

lynnedit

10 Year Member!
Southwest Washington
Spend the rest of your winter scrolling through the Tortoise enclosure section. Some of the pics have expired, but there are still a lot of good examples, big and small.
Cement blocks work well, you can bury the first layer well into the ground, then stack from there. Make sure you stagger them to make the walls stronger (they make 1/2 size ones so you can do this).
Next time you get some sun,and it is >60, go for it! Even an hour is very helpful.
As long as you are all watching him the whole time.

Status
Not open for further replies.