Is my Emi gone ?

DavidB

Location (City and/or State)
New Hampshire, USA
Sorry to hear about Emi passing. :(

Tortoises and turtles are tough nuts to crack when they start acting weird or out of character. My African Side-neck turtle will literally spend a day or more on top of his basking rock without ever stepping foot in the water to be fed. Sometimes he'll sleep in the water and has freaked me out a few times when I tapped on the glass and he didn't move for a moment.

Obbie

Minnesota
This is Mali, she’s such a great tortoise. She’s about 40 lbs. She was well socialized, eats very well. My question, can she roam free in my house ? I soak her every other day, she has found her favorite place to sleep. She follows me around, so cute. Emi’s Habitat is way too small, I can get her a bigger habitat.

vladimir

5 Year Member
Pennsylvania
She's adorable! I'm glad you were able to adopt her.

It's generally not advised to let them roam the house, as they like to try to eat everything they find, which can cause issues. They also can be destructive when they want to.

How much room do you have inside to dedicate for an enclosure?

Obbie

Minnesota
I have a 3 bedroom house, I just don’t want to put her in a room. She is so social, I don’t want her to be all alone. Yes she’s had a run in with a “fence” in the house. She just moves things if something is in her way. My house is pet proofed as I have 2 JRT’s.

TammyJ

5 Year Member
Jamaica
I have a 3 bedroom house, I just don’t want to put her in a room. She is so social, I don’t want her to be all alone. Yes she’s had a run in with a “fence” in the house. She just moves things if something is in her way. My house is pet proofed as I have 2 JRT’s.
What's a JRT?

vladimir

5 Year Member
Pennsylvania