Is my RT pyramiding ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

goldenpeanut

5 Year Member

I have him for about 10 months now. I feed him daily with radicchio and organic romaine heart. He never use his water bowl so I soak him once a week for about 15 minutes.

Recently I started to notice that his shell might be pyramiding. And I am not sure what I should do now to stop it :(. Any advice is appreciated.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Clovis, CA
We can't see your pictures unless we have an Indiana University account.

Take a look at this site and adjust your tortoise's diet accordingly:

http://russiantortoise.net/care_sheet.htm

A tortoise's skin and shell show his overall health, and what he eats is what is showing on the outside.

goldenpeanut

5 Year Member
carlon 2.jpg
carlon 1.jpg
carlon 3.jpg

can you guys see the pictures now ?

Last edited by a moderator:

goldenpeanut

5 Year Member
What do you guys think? Is he pyramiding?
What should i feed him for more calcium?

wiccan_chicken

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Georgia
I'd start off with feeding him more of a variety of foods. Spring mix, baby Argula, Dandelion, Plantin, (weeds) and if you can, try Mizuri tortoise food. I recently introduced my girl to it and from day one she has loved it. Try starting out with more variety in the diet, your tort will love you. If you have a flea market/farmers market near you check them out, I bought a pound of Optunia cactus for a dollar at a flea market (Kinda wishing I had a Sulcata to help eat it all XD)

Also if you think he is pyramiding (I see some small bumps but nothing serious) Soak him three times a week in warm water for 15 or more min, it will also help keep your tort hydrated. Good luck :)

Status
Not open for further replies.